Labsphere, Inc., is a subsidiary of Halma p.l.c.. Labsphere is the industry leader in light measurement technology and has provided quality optical measurement solutions to customers for over 25 years.
Labsphere is located in the beautiful Lake Sunapee region of New Hampshire. Our modern facility, nestled in the mountains, provides a unique quality of life where both winter and summer activities abound. Our location is also convenient, with easy access to the interstate system and the state capital.
We offer competitive wages, career advancement opportunities, and superb benefits for our employees, including: medical/dental, group life, short- and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, stock purchase plan, and 401(k) retirement plan with company match. Labsphere, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering
Function : Engineering
Labsphere is looking for a Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineer with 2-5 years of experience in a production environment. They will be the technical expert for designs and processes related to machined and manufactured products. They will work with design engineers to ensure manufacturability in new products, and provide analysis for make/buy decisions. They will develop and maintain bill of materials, sequencing, and time standards for a diverse product line. They will lead cross-functional teams on process improvement activities in fabrication, machining, coating and packaging areas. These activities will include quality troubleshooting, mistake proofing, Lean/5S kaizens, and cost optimizations.
The position requires a dynamic individual who can act as both project manager and technical engineer. They must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. They should be a self-starter, who will exhibit good judgment, and be able to lead projects with little instruction from day to day. They should be able to design packaging and fixtures with an eye for simplicity. A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering is required. Familiarity with Material Science, Solidworks, and or Lean/Six Sigma are a plus.
Function : Production
TEMP POSITION: Labsphere is looking for a Machine Operator with manual mill and lathe capabilities and the ability to program conversational controllers. This experience must also include skills in CNC mill and lathe work, with a capable background using manual machines for secondary operations. This person must have the ability to work with minimal supervision, have good math skills and a basic understanding of all machining applications including blue print reading and GD&T.
A High School diploma or GED required, with Tech School or other specific industry training preferred. Approximately 3-4 month duration @ 40 hours per week.
2nd Shift Machine Shop Supervisor
Function : Production
Labsphere is looking for a skilled Machinist to fill a position on Second Shift as a working Supervisor. This person may need to plan the day's work by accessing work orders, work instructions, BOMs, blueprints and other required documentation.They must be able to follow work instructions, be self-motivated, and able to work independently. The supervisor will need skills in Set-Up and Programming on knee-mills, lathes and CNC machines, along with strong mathematical skills and supervisory experience.
Requirements:HS diploma or equivalent, Supervisory and Machinist experience of 2-3-4 years. 40 hours per week, with shift differential.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Function : Engineering
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SHANGHAI CHINA
In parallel (conjunction) with Labsphere's new software initiative we are enhancing our Software Quality Assurance procedures. We are looking for an experienced QA engineer to lead this effort. Responsibilities include:
- Setup a QA Lab, which will contain light measurement software and hardware (e.g., spectrometers, power supplies)
- Plan, document, and implement test procedures for application testing, hardware integration, end-to-end system test, installation, and bug fix/regression testing
- Work closely with software, optical, and application engineers to define requirements, specifications, and testing needs
- Identify, evaluate and deploy process and tool improvements to continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Labsphere's QA procedures
- Champion and drive a world-class customer experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, optical engineering, or related field, or equivalent years of experience
- Number of years of experience is flexible, but we are looking for a capable individual with lots of initiative
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the software development and in process choices
- Strong communication and team relationship skills
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of skepticism when interacting with software systems
- Proficiency in setting up and configuring PC systems from scratch. Windows required, Linux a plus.
- Experience with instrumentation and/or optical systems a big plus
- Experience with version control systems, automated testing tools, other QA tools, and the willingness to explore and use new ones
Please send your resume to Carol Ryder, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com
For immediate consideration for available opportunities, please send your resume and salary history to Carol Ryder, Human Resources Manager by fax: (603) 927-4535, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail:
231 Shaker Street
P.O. Box 70
North Sutton, NH 03260
If you would like more information, or can't find what you're looking for, Contact Us to find out more.
Print PDF of this page