Competitive wages, great benefits!
UMR United Healthcare, Eyemed vision, Delta dental, 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid personal time off, training and tuition reimbursement, free-to-you paid short and long term disability, free-to-you paid life insurance, shoe and clothing allowances, safety eyewear allowances, employer matched 401K, paid 14 weeks parental leave for men and women, monthly fitness benefit, optional Lincoln Financial supplemental insurance plans.
Labsphere is looking for a Project Engineer to join our fast-paced and innovative engineering group. The candidate will lead interdisciplinary engineering teams to successfully design, build, and test custom electro-opto-mechanical products. The candidate will be responsible for managing all projects within the multi-million dollar Customs portfolio, coordinating the completion of projects on time, to budget, and per customer requirements from design ideation up through final product delivery. The candidate will oversee all aspects of projects including: scheduling resources, setting deadlines, design generation and release to operations, build and test troubleshooting, and reporting project progress across departments. After gaining experience, involvement will expand to the NPD, Spacegrade, and R&D project portfolios. Beyond expansion into more challenging project portfolios, there is long term opportunity for growth into Engineering Leadership or other areas within the engineering group as well as the company overall.
The successful candidate will be an ideal team player (Hungry, Humble, Smart) who can tactfully problem solve across company departments and disciplines including mechanical, electrical, optical, software, sales, marketing, purchasing, production, and quality. The right candidate enjoys working in a collaborative, creatively stimulating, and fast-paced design and manufacturing environment and derives satisfaction from turning innovative ideas into reality through positive influence and decisive action. Candidate must exhibit attention to detail, work efficiently, and be able to easily balance priorities across diverse projects. Knowledge of low volume custom product development, standard product development, and general technology development best practices are desirable. Additionally, the candidate should have a broad and deep understanding of manufacturing.
- Manage all project activity including scheduling/resourcing, planning, design reviews, interdepartmental liaising, project reporting, and risk management.
- Assist in defining project scope, involving relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Directly responsible for all engineering efforts during project execution, with heavier focus during the design phase.
- Facilitate design reviews, along with other forms of communication, to ensure proper team and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Interface with engineering leadership, engineers, vendors, sales/customers, and internal production teams to ensure design, build, and test requirements and execution plans are understood and achieved.
- Monitor project throughout to ensure scope, schedule, and budget are known and remain on track.
- When appropriate, interface with sales or customers during project scoping and execution.
- BS in Engineering, Engineering Management, Systems Engineering, or equivalent
- 3-5 years of technical project management experience within manufacturing sector
- Project management experience with estimating/scoping, design management, and product verification
- An ideal team player - Hungry, Humble, and Smart (emotionally)
- Experience guiding diverse multi-disciplinary teams tasked with solving complex technical problems
- Able to balance attention to detail with high level strategic thinking
- Utilize strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical partners at various levels
- Self-motivated leader who can positively influence and drive teams
- Solid organizational skills with ability to efficiently switch between multiple tasks/projects across the workday
- Analytical thinker with strong foundation of technical problem-solving abilities
- Fluent with MS Office including MS Project or similar project management tools
- MS in Engineering, Engineering Management, or equivalent desirable
- Experience with Agile/iterative prototyping development
- Experience with SolidWorks and SolidWorks Simulation
- Experience with MATLAB analysis and tool development
- Experience in a field utilizing light metrology and/or optical radiometry
- Experience with any of these topics a plus: Thermal Analysis, LEDs, UV/VIS/NIR applications, Remote Sensing, Light Measurement, Integrating Sphere Design, Optical Sensor Calibration, Optical System Design, Optical Laboratory Methods, and Laser Power Measurement
Come work for a growing, innovative, fast-paced company
Labsphere is a world-leading photonics and light measurement company with a rich 40+ year history. We have a strong and diverse team at our headquarters in New Hampshire as well as our remote locations which include Europe and Asia. Labsphere is always seeking new members for our team. If you have specific skills and attributes that you feel would be a good fit with what we do, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer competitive wages, career advancement opportunities, and great benefits for our employees, including medical/dental/vision, group life, short- and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) retirement plan with company match. Labsphere, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For immediate consideration for available opportunities, please send your resume to Darlene Delano