Electrical Assembler--3 Month Temporary
LabVIEW Software Programmer
ELECTRICAL ASSEMBLER--3 MONTH TEMPORARY
We are seeking an Electrical Assembler for a temporary, potentiall 3 months, work assigment. Candidates must be able build, assemble, integrate and test electrical and electronic components and assemblies. Must be able to properly select and terminate wires into electrical connectors to form wire harnesses. Must be able to do minor soldering as required. Must be able to troubleshoot work to find defects or short-circuits. May work with the integration of low and high voltage electrical and electronic components into assemblies and electrical cabinets. Will use specialized measuring and diagnostic devices to evaluate how electrical equipment is working, building or calibrating instrumentation, build electronic devices based on reading schematics, inspect for problems, replace old equipment and install new equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Deductive Reasoning: Electrical technicians need to be able to look for problems in complicated electrical grids, isolate the issue and solve it.
- Logic: Electrical techs need to be able to look at electrical blueprints and scan them for issues, making sure that they work before installed.
- Manual Dexterity: Working with wires, using hand tools and handling small components requires manual dexterity.
- Math: Math is needed to analyze and create schematics.
- Observation: Electrical technicians need to be able to look at electrical grids and evaluate them for any problems, to make sure they are being installed correctly.
- Problem-Solving: Electrical techs need to be able to identify issues and make corrective measures to fix problems with electrical components.
Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of electrical/electronic work experience. Education or hobby work could be considered as a substitute for work experience.
LabVIEW SOFTWARE PROGRAMMER
Our aggressive technology and new product development roadmap combined with growth in new and existing markets has resulted in the need to hire a Senior Software Engineer, based at our North Sutton, NH headquarters. We are looking for an experienced software engineer who possesses a creative/innovative persona and is interested in a challenging and highly-visible role as part of a small team.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will play a key role in the software, engineering, and new product development teams by driving the development of customer-facing applications and control systems that differentiate Labsphere in the market. You will need to bring an understanding or willingness to embrace LabVIEW as one of the tools you will use in this capacity as well as a passion for elegant design in all aspect of software development including “under the hood” processes and refined front-end graphical user interface.
The qualified candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of LabVIEW
- Demonstrated ability to create professional User Interfaces
- The ability to troubleshoot and debug existing code
- Familiarity with Mercurial or Git DVCS [Distributed Version Control System]
- Past experience using Python and/or additional programing languages such as C++, SQL / SQLite database utilization is also considered
Labsphere is a world leading photonics and light measurement company with a rich 39 year history. We have a strong and diverse team at our headquarters in New Hampshire as well as our remote locations which include Europe and Asia. Labsphere is always seeking new members for our team. If you have specific skills and attributes that you feel would be a good fit with what we do, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Labsphere is located in the beautiful Lake Sunapee region of New Hampshire, midway between the capital city of Concord and the academic hub of Dartmouth College. Our modern facility provides a unique quality of life where both winter and summer activities abound. Our location is also convenient, with easy access the Seacoast Region, the White Mountains, and Boston.
We offer competitive wages, career advancement opportunities, and great benefits for our employees, including: medical/dental/vision, group life, short- and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) retirement plan with company match. Labsphere, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For immediate consideration for available opportunities, please send your resume to Darlene Delano