A New Breakthrough Vicarious Calibration Network by Labsphere
With our innovative and world-class calibration service, we have the ability to solve problems that have never been solved before by making the complex, simple.
Enabling CEOS Analysis Ready Data (ARD) Protocols
- Radiometry: Calibration and atmosphere correction
- Geometry: Register image to the plane
- Metadata: Provide the user with the vital set of information about your sensor optical performance so they can immediately begin using your platform for insights
- Framing: Reduce image to what customer needs
Enabling Image and Data Harmonization
- Harmonizing data across sensors: 100’s in a constellation
- Harmonizing across industry: Big sat/small sat
- Harmonizing data with software: Extracting more information value
- Harmonizing across technology: Satellite and Airborne
Calibration from Space has always been complicated, expensive and deemed to be out of reach for many businesses.
Here Are Some of the Current Issues with Calibration:
- Maintaining Calibration Team ($$$s)
- Maintaining Image Processing Team (IPT)
- Mis-matched Radiometry (Big Sat)
- There is no Analysis Ready Data (ARD) Standard
Calibration from Space is “Tricky and Expensive”
- Infrequent – Low number of instrumented sites
- Expensive – National agencies and high cost assets needed
- Uncertain – Inconsistency of methods and within constellations
Current Methods Are Not ideal
- Large area targets require a managed radiometric model over time difficult to maintain co-registration across all imaging platforms
- No single method for airborne to space calibration convergence Image
- Image quality not addressed with normal terrestrial targets
- Interpreted sensor performance data
How FLARE Makes the Difference
FLARE provides static and mobile reference sites available to subscribers at a fraction of the cost of conventional calibration methods.
Our data package, combined with customers’ images, provide unprecedented levels of validation information.
We offer world-class, on-demand, cross-platform accuracy that solves problems faster and easier than ever before.
Our method has potential to far exceed the the highest levels of accuracy in calibration today.